Holiday Tips for Holidays
Unfortunately criminal activity increases during the holiday season. When you venture out shopping or engaging in entertainment:
- Be sure to ensure your home and car doors are locked.
- Do not forget to activate your alarm systems.
- If you are out after dark try to stay near well-lit areas.
- Whenever possible try not to go out after dark or at night alone.
- Make an extra effort to be vigilant of your surroundings and be aware of strangers that approach you.
- Try to keep at least one hand free at all times.
- Keeping your cell phone or remote panic button handy is a good idea, in order to alert others in case you have an emergency or critical incident.
- Try to notify someone, via phone, email or text, if you plan on being out alone or for an extended time period.
- Always tell someone if you plan on drastically changing your normal routine and have a ‘check-in’ plan.
- Reminder- ‘If you see something say something.’- Be safe and Happy Thanksgiving!