Did You Know:
- High density Muscovy duck populations can significantly impact water quality and lessens the aesthetic value of our lakes.
- Feral populations of Muscovy ducks are known to be aggressive and can cause property damage, transmit disease and create problems through competition with native species, according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- HCMUD71 has expended approximately $60,000 of District funds this year for increased maintenance needs and population control. (i.e. power washing the plaza area and gazebo, installation of signs, chemical treatments of lake vegetation, and humane duck removal services).
- FEEDING THE DUCKS IS A VIOLATION OF THE HCMUD71 GENERAL USE GUIDELINES
- Muscovy ducks are invasive and it is unlawful to release them on public property. Please report the unlawful release of Muscovy ducks by contacting the Harris County Sheriff’s Office Non-emergency number at (713)755-6000.